Head and Neck Cancer
- Over 50,000 people are diagnosed with some form of head and neck cancer each year within the USA
- Head and Neck cancer treatment requires a multidisciplinary approach to care involving surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, speech/language pathologists, maxillofacial prosthodontists, nutritionists and rehabilitation therapists
- The Oncology team at UMOMSA are an experienced team of surgeons with a focus on the surgical management (ablation and reconstruction) of cancers of the head and neck. University of Maryland Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Associates provides diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with tumors involving the skull base, oral cavity, face, sinuses, jaws, throat, and neck. Specializing in complex head and neck cancers, UMOMSA offers comprehensive, ablative and reconstructive surgery for posttraumatic and cancer related problems of the head and neck for children and adults.
- Cancers and Tumors we treat:
- Oral Cancer
- Cancer of the oropharynx, tonsil, tongue base and throat
- Nasal and sinus cancer
- Salivary gland cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Skin cancer of the head and neck
- Osteosarcoma (bone cancer) and other rare sarcomas
Comprehensive Treatment for Head and Neck Cancer
Discover specialized and effective treatment options provided by UMOMSA's experienced oncology team. From ablative and reconstructive surgery to advanced therapies, we are dedicated to delivering hope and improved outcomes for patients battling head and neck cancers.