Joshua E. Lubek, DDS, MD, FACS
Dr. Joshua Lubek was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He received his medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan and his dental degree from the University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada. He completed both a General Surgery internship and an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency program at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan.
Dr. Lubek subsequently completed a 2-year Head and Neck Surgery/Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery fellowship at the University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center, Baltimore, Maryland.
Dr. Lubek is currently a Professor and fellowship director of the Oral-Head & Neck Oncology/Microvascular Surgery program in the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Maryland. He is actively involved in the training of surgical fellows, residents, dental students and medical students. Dr. Lubek is involved with research in the areas of Head and Neck Cancer as well as Microvascular Surgery and continues to publish and lecture (nationally and internationally) on these subjects. Dr. Lubek also serves as the director for Oral & Maxillofacial Hospital Services at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
Dr. Lubek’s clinical interests are focused on Head and Neck Surgery (malignant and benign tumors including salivary gland and thyroid pathology), Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery, Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS) and Maxillofacial Trauma Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Lubek is board certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
Professional and Academic Work Includes:
- Member of the Multi-disciplinary Head & Neck Tumor Board, Greenebaum Cancer Center, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
- Member of the Facial Transplantation Team, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- Member American Head and Neck Society (AHNS)
- Member Reconstructive Committee and Mucosal Malignancy and Endocrine Section of the American Head and Neck Society
- Has published over 80 peer-reviewed scientific papers and book chapters
- Director of the microvascular training laboratory, University of Maryland, Baltimore MD
- Section Editor, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Current Surgery Reports
- Past Section Editor, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology Oral Radiology
- Past Editorial Board member, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Past-President, Maryland State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Baltimore Magazine’s Top Doc’s for 2020
Transforming Lives through Expert Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery
Experience world-renowned experts in oral-maxillofacial surgery at University of Maryland Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Associates. We provide comprehensive care, utilizing cutting-edge technology and collaborating closely with referring doctors for transformative results and a full recovery with exceptional outcomes.